General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)15. 11. 2017
The GDPR will come into force on 25 May 2018 and will introduce severe sanctions of up to EUR 20 million or 4% of annual global turnover for cases of breaching the obligations relating to personal data.
The GDPR will apply to your business if, for example:
- You have at least one employee,
- You maintain databases of your customers,
- You maintain any other database of private individuals – typically a database for sending business offers, whether by e-mail, SMS, phone, or in writing,
- You store or otherwise process the personal data of private individuals,
- You systematically monitor publicly accessible spaces (camera systems, etc.).
Preparations for proper implementation of the GDPR will take several months, even for smaller businesses. Thus, it is time for all organisations to identify the specific impact of the GDPR and to implement the necessary measures.
The lawyers at Stuchlíková & Partners have been involved with the protection of personal data for many years. We recommend the following steps to prepare for the GDPR:
- A personal meeting with the management of your organisation for answering your questions in order to initially establish the scope of obligations of your organisation in relation to personal data.
- Based on the personal meeting and the information provided by you, our lawyers will conduct a thorough analysis explaining the status of data protection at your organisation.
- Based on the analysis, a detailed plan will be prepared describing how the GDPR will be implemented in the future.
- The GDPR will then be implemented.
- In the end, we will control the functionality of the entire system of personal data protection. You will also receive a final report describing the whole process of implementation and the measures taken. This report may be used, among other things, to demonstrate your compliance with the GDPR at the Data Protection Office.
Should you be interested in more detailed information, please do not hesitate to contact us at GDPR@stuchlikova.com.