Payment frauds are more and more frequent
A classic scenario - you are selling an item in an online bazaar for CZK 200, you end up in a minus of CZK 1 000 000.
How? Very simply. Our most recent case:
- A client has placed an advertisement for a jacket for sale on an online bazaar for CZK 200.
- A buyer contacted the seller instantly.
- It only took a moment – the seller had to authorize the receipt of the payment in your online banking…
- Within a few subsequent clicks, the client managed to authorize the attacker’s access to his online banking and change his SMS authorization number.
- The result? In a few minutes - immediate transfer of savings from the account in the amount of approximately CZK 100,000, followed by a pre-approved loan in the amount of approximately CZK 900,000 and again immediate transfer.
Among other things, we are surprised the bank didn’t detect this as a fraudulent transaction and promptly put a stop to it.
If you want to test for yourself, just put up an advertisement on (nearly) any online bazaar.
If you are interested in our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +420 222 767 393 to arrange an initial consultation.