IP SCAN – The Audit Of Your Intellectual Property
Businesses around the world have recently decided to focus more on the protection of their intellectual property and are discovering the benefits of registering their brands and properly anchoring licenses.
But how to get started? How do you determine the most appropriate strategy that aligns with your business? Does it make sense to register your logo or design?
The IP SCAN service provides the answer to the above questions.
IP SCAN is a review and assessment of your business model in relation to your intellectual property. It can, therefore, be considered as an IP audit in intellectual property. Based on a survey of your business strategy, an expert will compile a report which will include recommendations and the most appropriate course of action for your company. You will learn how to grow your business by protecting intellectual property and how to protect it from competitors. The report will then be checked by the Industrial Property Office.
What exactly does IP SCAN enable you to do?
- identify the potential of your innovation, creativity and know-how,
- see if you are taking advantage of all the possibilities to protect your logos, designs or patents and what other registration opportunities are available to you,
- assess the correctness of the licensing arrangements in your contracts with your employees and contractors,
- understand the risks inside and outside your business in relation to your competitors and how to deal with them,
- support the development of your business.
Our office is accredited to provide IP SCAN in partnership with the Czech Industrial Property Office - three of our lawyers, Zuzana Stuchlíková, Eva Doležalová and Nikola Prachařová have been certified by the Industrial Property Office and can thus provide this service with authorization.
In connection with the IP SCAN service, we would like to inform you about the European Commission’s subsidies for SMEs, i.e. for small and medium-sized enterprises, which include enterprises with fewer than 250 employees and an annual turnover of less than 50 million euros (alternatively, with an annual balance sheet total below 43 million).
The subsidies cover various legal services in the intellectual property, such as the registration of trademarks or patents. The IP SCAN service is reimbursed at 90 %. This means that of the initial fixed amount for IP SCAN of € 900, you will only need to pay € 90.
For more information on SME funds, please see our recent article.
What is the procedure?
- We will submit a grant application.
- After the application is approved, you will fill out a questionnaire about your company to get an overview of your organization and strategies.
- We will arrange a meeting where you will tell us your expectations.
- Based on the reviewed information, we will prepare the IP SCAN report.
- You will apply for a reimbursement of € 810, so you will only pay € 90 for IP SCAN.
We will be happy to guide you through the entire IP SCAN process and prepare the grant application.
The European Commission funds will be open until 2024. However, the resources are limited, so we recommend that you do not hesitate with your application.
If you are interested in using the IP SCAN service, please contact us at email@example.com or at +420 222 767 393 to arrange an initial consultation.